Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE





Saturday, August 16,

Thanks to everyones kind words about Trace, after reading all of the comments and emails that I have gotten about his horrible boo-boo I was looking at the pictures on our blog and noticed how terrifying they really do look. Eventhough his cut was very serious and quite deep the pictures make it look much bigger than the cut actually is. The cut itself is only about an inch long and the rest going down to his neck is left over blood. They haven't cleaned him up yet. He only needed to two staples and is doing just fine. Thanks again to everyone and sorry that I freaked everyone out, I just knew what it was and didn't even think of what it looked like to everyone who didn't. Lots of Love to everyone!!!

On Tuesday I took the boys to McDonald's in Sterling Ridge to meet some friends and play at the indoor playground, which this is something I very rarely ever do anyway and sure enough something had to happen. Trace was climbing down the angled stairs inside one of the tubes and somehow fell all the way to the bottom. We are not sure exactly what he hit his head on but whatever it was it was hard or sharp enough to split his head wide open. When I heard him scream I thought it just scared him and I would have to calm him down and then he would go back to playing. When I held him I immediately felt that his back was wet and when I looked at my hand it was full of blood that was gushing from his head. The first thought was not to panic because if I freaked out so would he, then I thought with all that blood put as much pressure on it as I could. I was so scared and at the same time trying to think straight. I looked at my girlfriend Tracy and told her that someone needed to call an ambulance. If you have ever sat in an emergency room then you know exactly why I wanted an ambulance, immediate care and immediate entrance into the the ER. She was so great and so helpful...thanks Tracy. Her poor boys were so scared and just stared with their eyes wide open and the ambulance wheeled Trace off. He was so brave but kept screaming "I don't want the ambulance, I hate the ambulance" (which is a word we don't use but at that point he could have said anything and it would have been ok with me...it was just good that he was talking and not disoriented) After we got him into the ER and he calmed down he was telling everyone how cool the ambulance was and what cool stuff it had in it. He was such a trooper and I am so proud of him, he had to have staples put in his head and then they sent us home. Later when we got home I was telling him just how proud I was that God gave him as a gift to me and he said in return that he was proud that God gave me to him as his mommy and that I was the best mommy in the whole wide world. Everyday I think the big man upstairs that I am blessed with the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts that anyone has ever given me and I treasure every moment with them. Thank you Lord above that the only thing that happen to my sweet boy was a few staples...we'll take em...it could have been worse.

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

umm, that is the most awful story EVER! That is no small cut, and I would have absolutely panicked for SURE. Way to keep calm, and thank goodness he is on the mend already!

I guess this is what I have to look forward to with a boy.... oh me.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh poor thing! holy cow that is HUGE cut! what a brave little thing!

spanki said...

i found your blog off my-space! your family is beautiful! i so can relate with three boys!! we had an accident just like this, same thing, i went to comfort him and realizes my hand was covered in blood from his head! i was in a panic, had an ambulance come, all to get to the er and all they did was glue his cut! heath will never let me live that down... no one told be heads bleed more than normal...what was a mom to do?? good seeing you, keep in touch!